Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Hubby will do ANYTHING to get out of work!

Last Saturday, my hubby went to play paintball with my sister's boyfriend. Yes, he's 18 and my hubby, well, he's 27. My hubby, being the all-out-I'm-gonna-win-no-matter-what-take-em-out
player that he is, attempted to slide into a bunker on his knees. The problem? The metal stake in the ground holding down the bunker. He sliced his knee open.

DSBF calls me and tells me that hubby hurt his knee and is going to the hospital. I ask to talk to the injured one, and discern that he is capable of talking and making jokes. I beat him to the hospital, and once he's there, I'm directed back to the ER room.

He's lying on a gurney, and they are taking bloody clothes off his leg. There was surprisingly little blood-for an 8 inch laceration with two inches of exposed kneecap and tendons.

30ish stitches.

Lots of pain medication.

So far, a week off work, and kitty litter cleaning, and dishes, and doing clothes, and trash duty, and....and....and....you get the picture.

Everything looks ok now, just got to give it time to heal.

If you don't like gore, DON'T scroll down...stitches picture ahead.









Look away now!













It's coming...











EWWWW....Last chance!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Hey, Adam!" I call to my 17-year-old son (who also plays paintball). "Come see the paintball injury!"

He was suitably impressed by the stitchery, but he wondered about the stakes. "Stakes? That's dangerous! Our place just uses industrial-strength velcro."

You might suggest that.